After serving as Managing Director since 1 February 2006, Magnus Rystedt’s term of office will end on 31 May 2019. NEFCO has therefore, assigned the Executive Search company Russell Reynolds Associates to support in the recruitment process of a new Managing Director.
NEFCO is seeking a Managing Director to its headquarters in Helsinki. NEFCO offers a 6-year contract with the possibility of extension for a second term.
Key elements regarding the role:
- Focus on striking a good balance between getting available capital resources into work, risk awareness/alt. risk management and fulfilling the NEFCO’s mandates.
- Manage and coordinate the activities in accordance with the existing strategy and yearly action plans as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain human resources.
- Continue NEFCOs openness and flexibility regarding cooperation with other IFIs, including NIB (Nordic Investment Bank) and NDF (Nordic Development Fund).
- Represent and market NEFCO in the meeting with politicians, officials and businesses.
The candidate will be a senior executive with a master`s degree in economics, finance or engineering, with knowledge from end-to-end project financing of relevant industries and/or infrastructure. The candidate will have substantial management experience and strong analytical skills. Further on, the candidate will be passionate about sustainability and integrity and how public and private sectors need to work together to address the challenges of climate change and an improved environment. Experience from international cooperation with public organizations and international financing is a plus. Professional experience from Eastern Europe and Russian language will also be an advantage, but not a must. English is the primary working language but excellent knowledge of one of the Scandinavian languages (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish) is needed.
For further information, please contact our advisors Kristian Kragøe Andresen and Eirik Efjestad at Russell Reynolds Associates on +47 23 11 88 50.
Send your application with your CV to oslo [at] russellreynolds.com before 14.01.2019