Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, Ivano-Frankivsk, intends using the proceeds of a loan from Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO), towards the costs of a project aimed at improvement of energy efficiency of University’s buildings.
This is a sub-project of the Ukraine Higher Education (UHE) project that is aimed at reducing the running costs of participating state higher education institutions, and improving the quality of teaching, learning, and academic research facilities. The UHE project is co-financed by European Investment Bank (“EIB”) and Nordic Environment Finance Corporate (“NEFCO”). The borrower is Ukraine represented by the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Education and Science.
The investment programme, which has the total estimated cost of EUR 3.1 million (excluding VAT), will require the procurement of the following works, goods, and services for 4 university buildings:
- Replacement of existing obsolete windows and doors with the new and more energy efficient ones
- Thermal insulation of outside walls, basement ceilings, and roofs/attic floors
- Rehabilitation of heating systems
- Modernisation of ventilation systems
- Modernisation of lighting systems, etc.
Tendering is expected to begin in the second quarter of 2020.