State University ‘Uzhhorod National University’, Ukraine, intends using the proceeds of a loan from Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO), towards the costs of a project aimed at improvement of energy efficiency of University’s dormitory and educational buildings.
This is a sub-project of the Ukraine Higher Education (UHE) project that is aimed at reducing the running costs of participating state higher education institutions, and improving the quality of teaching, learning, and academic research facilities. The UHE project is co-financed by NEFCO and the European Investment Bank (“EIB”). The borrower is Ukraine represented by the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Education and Science.
The investment programme, which has the total estimated cost of EUR 4.1 million (excluding VAT), will require the procurement of the following works, goods, and services for 3 university buildings. It is envisaged to implement the project in two Lots. In principle for each of the buildings, it is foreseen to implement the following measures:
- Replacement of existing obsolete windows/doors with the new and more energy efficient ones
- Thermal insulation of foundation walls, basement ceilings, and roofs
- Rehabilitation of heating systems
- Modernisation of ventilation system
- Modernisation of lighting system