Facility for energy saving credits
NEFCO offers small scale financing for energy saving measures in municipally owned buildings such as schools, day-care centres, hospitals and sports facilities in municipalities in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Republic of Moldova, Armenia and Georgia.
Typical funded projects
● Heat sub-centrals renovation
● Installation of thermostatic valves
● Insulation of windows and doors in schools, day-care centres and hospitals
Can I apply for funding?
Yes, if you are a municipal actor and wish to improve conditions in social environments. See detailed project criteria below.
● Soft term loans to social objects
● Annual savings of approx. 25% of the investment cost
● Significant environmental effects shall be achieved
● Energy audit required before NEFCO's approval of the project
● Repayment directly tied to the savings of the investment
● Municipality or municipal company as borrower
Loan amount & payback period
The maximum loan amount granted from this Facility is the equivalent of EUR 500,000 in local currencies. The loan is provided in RUB in Russia or UAH in Ukraine. NEFCO can finance up to 90% of the project costs. The payback period of the investment is up to 5 years. Project payback is calculated by dividing the total project cost with the anticipated annual cost savings generated from the project.
For additional information, please contact:
Chief Investment Adviser Vitaly Artyushchenko by e-mail at vitaly.artyushenko [at] nefco-ru.ru or by phone on +7 911 980 1723
Chief Investment Adviser Julia Shevchuk by e-mail at J.Shevchuk [at] nefco.org.ua or by phone on +380 50 358 3518
Republic of Moldova, Armenia, Georgia
Project Manager Aliona Fomenco by e-mail aliona.fomenco [at] nefco.fi or by phone on +358 10 6180 647